The Coronavirus crisis is testing the armor of companies’ CSR (corporate social responsibility) and environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices – while, now more than ever, they rapidly need to be transparent and innovative. And we desperately want to help.
To help, we created two downloadable step-by-step guides and recorded two Coronavirus podcast episodes that walk through the guides to help you organize your thoughts and actions.
In this second of two episodes, we guide you through 5 practical steps to consider in developing your CSR response to Coronavirus:
- Who can you tap into to help the cause?
- What inherent resources does your company have to contribute?
- When should you respond? Now or later?
- Where: which of your locations need the most support?
- Why create a CSR response?
1. Download our free step-by-step guide.
2. Click the player above to listen to part one: Episode 14 “Coronavirus: 5 Questions to Guide Your CSR Response.”
3. Let’s talk: We encourage you to go to our Say Hello! page and send us an email or leave us a voice message to let us know if this information was helpful to you and how.
4. See more resources on our dedicated Coronavirus Resources page.
We’re providing these resources to assist our colleagues who are wrestling with their organization’s response to COVID-19, including how to:
- Decipher and communicate short and long-term effects
- Respond to different stakeholders appropriately and authentically
- Create innovative and resilient solutions
- Share what they have learned so far
What companies are doing:
- Guidance for employers: workplace tips, disaster recovery and maintaining operations, including a customizable flyer: https://www.uschamber.com/coronavirus
- Corporate Aid Tracker: ways the business community is mobilizing its expertise, capabilities, and community resources to assist with relief and containment efforts: https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/aid-event/coronavirus-covid-19
- LinkedIn – Companies Efforts Amid the Crisis https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/companies-efforts-amid-the-crisis-4800508/
- Funding for Coronavirus: which funders are supporting the response and where is that funding going https://candid.org/explore-issues/coronavirus
- Visit.org – is gathering a list of ways businesses can help impacted nonprofits from the safety of their home www.visit.org
- Financial resources: by the hour, federal and state government bills and appropriations are being discussed, so keep an eye on opportunities to apply for assistance. Also actively research local, regional and state community foundation funding opportunities. A great start is the official benefits website of the U.S. government, www.benefits.gov
Can you use our podcast format to help others?
We invite you to a 20-minute conversation on or off our podcast to share your journey, by responding to:
- How has this impacted you/your business/industry?
- What do the next 30-60-90 days look like?
- What opportunities do you see during this time? To perhaps innovate using your existing infrastructure?
- What do you need help with?
- What have you learned that would help others?