Part 2 of a 3 part series on communicating CSR:
Corporate Communications: Why Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is foundational to your content strategy and how to include it with 6 components for success: External Communications
“Companies are doing great things, they just aren’t telling their stories.” – Barbra & Janet
Special 3-part Series
Every person can become a great communicator and enjoy the personal and professional rewards it brings. These episodes unlock the topics that every CSR and communications professional needs to know to effectively communicate environmental, social and economic initiatives and practices:
- Episode 6: Internal Communications
- Episode 7: External Communications
- Episode 8: Investors, Owners, and Shareholders
Every company can be rewarded for communicating social and environmental initiatives to outside parties and stakeholders. In this episode, we focus on external communications – how a company keeps stakeholders and other parties outside its organization informed and the value it can bring:
- The importance of strong external communication and the kinds of information to share regarding CSR or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices.
- The topics that should be shared outside any company and why they are important to the success of your communication strategy…and company.
- The various types of external stakeholders and audiences you should be connecting with and what you should be communicating to them.
- The reasons why communicating is valuable to your CSR role and the long-term success of your company.
To lay the foundation, here is a simple definition of CSR:
How your company manages the impact it has on the environment, as well as the people inside and outside the company: its employees, communities, customers, suppliers, and owners. And as a third component, how a company governs these areas, including its economic performance.
Here are our Six Components for CSR Communications Success
- WHO: Identify your External audience
- WHAT: Determine what to communicate externally
- WHY: Know why CSR communications should be part of your external content strategy
- WAYS to communicate externally
- Words of caution
- Areas of opportunity
Six Components for External CSR Communications Success (and the channels available to get your message and strategy across to the outside world)
This free download serves as a guide to an effective CSR communications strategy as you navigate telling your company’s story to the outside world. We are happy to provide you with this resource so you can best tell your company’s story to garner the most value for your business!
PS – Be sure to check out Episode 6 on Internal Communications and Episode 8 on Investor, Owner, and Shareholder Communications, where you will hear nuggets of gold about how to communicate using these 6 components for success and connect with the people investing in your company.